Sunday, February 7, 2010

Five Years After Narconon

In December of 2000, an innocent 15 year old girl was introduced to her best friend. That innocent girl was me, and that best friend was crystal meth. Little did I know at the time, that my life would spin into a downward spiral, and that I had opened a door that lead to lies, pain and deceit.

I became addicted to meth. I spent the next four years of my life enslaved to this drug. Every move I made, every lie I spoke and every breath I took revolved around satisfying the intense urge tht brewed inside of me. That once innocent girl I was, turned into a beast that would lie to, hurt, steal from, cheat on and manipulated those who loved me most just to succeed in getting that "fix" I so longed for.

In October of 2004 everything seemed to have caved in on me. I had been cut off from my family, I was homeless, I had been in and out of six rehabs, and worst of all I completely let myself down. I had gone against every ounce of ethics I had, I had destroyed my morals and my body itself was deteriorating before my very eyes...and I was only 19 years old. It was time to get help.

With the help of my family I was brought to Narconon. Although I was ready to leave my old life behind, I was apprehensive. I didn't know how this rehab would be any different. I didn't know how this rehab would save me, when all the others have failed. I had so many questions that only time would answer. And, I got my answers.

This program gave me my life back, and much, much more. I learned so much about myself throughout my journey at Narconon. It was the first time I was presented with logical information that would guide me, step by step, to a clean and sober life. I was able to identify thee problems in my life that may have contributed to my drug use. I was able to confront situations I had been hiding from for so long. I learned exactly what I needed to do in order to be habby and prosperous in life. I was supplied with information that was easy for me to relate to my life. For the first time in years I felt truly satisfied with my life, and the void I so desperately tried to fill by using was slowly starting to fill up.

I graduated Narconon in January of 2005. The day I graduated, I knew I had my life back. It was a new beginning for me, and I knew exactly what I needed to do to continue progressing in life, thants to the simple tools I got form Narconon.

Here I am, five years later sharing my success story. My life couldn't be better now. I have everything I could ever want, and most importantly I am free from the struggles of drug addiction. I have an amazing job and I am able to touch lives, the way mine was touched, instill hope in people who are in the positiion I was once in. Not a day goes by that I am not thankful for what I have achieved since the day I first stepped foot at Narconon.

I am finally happy, I am finally free.

No comments:

Post a Comment